Saturday, March 8, 2014

Why Candy Crush Saga Will Ruin Your Life




"Thanks for telling me to play Candy Crush. I hate you."





That was from my best friend. Possibly 'former' best friend if she doesn't get past level 165 soon. In other news I'm looking for a replacement maid of honor if anyone is interested? (I'm kidding...I hope.) My Aunt and Uncle also played the game together and got pretty far into the game. After being stuck on level 347 for months they deleted the app from all of their devices and have vowed to never play again. They won't talk about their experience. It's too soon.





When you find yourself needing anti-anxiety medication, missing life events (weddings, funerals, graduations) or zoning out while people are talking to you because your attention is locked on your phone screen that is covered in purple, blue, red, green, orange and yellow candy - it may be time to do the same. If you haven't reached this extreme state just yet, don't worry - YOU WILL.





I will admit - I find myself on certain levels that make the hairs stand up on the back of my neck and cause my heart to skip beats when I am only one jelly short of passing the level. With that said - I still play. Level 350 may be the death of me, but I will march on. It helps knowing that there are hundreds of thousands right there with me in the trenches of this colorful candy nightmare.


No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top