Friday, March 7, 2014

Candy Crush Saga - Problem with Unlocking Levels




I honestly do not think that this lack of communication is unintentional. Too many people have the problem and this game has been out for way to long for it to not be resolved. I think it is intentional.





I think the creators of Candy Crush Saga know how addicting the game is. I think having your Facebook friends unlock the game is too easy. Making it complicated, making it take a long time, will "encourage" many players to just give up on their friends unlocking the levels and pay the $.99 to unlock it immediately. In addition, according to an article on Slate, Sugar Comma, Candy Crush Saga knows which players have paid for unlocking levels, extra moves, and extra lives. It then intentionally makes the levels harder for those players who are known to pay!





I, for one, will not give in to this underhanded way of tricking me into purchasing. Candy Crush Saga is advertised as a free game, and regardless of how addicting it is, I will not be swindled into paying for it. I will, however, be swindled into providing the game with free advertising via my Facebook account.





I think it has been 30 minutes...I should have another life by now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top