Saturday, March 8, 2014

I Hate My Cell Phone




I still have a cell phone, and it still goes with me everywhere. If it rings, I HAVE to answer it!! Even when I am at work, and I can't use it, I hear it ring, and I want to pick it up, and at least see who it is...maybe it's important. Why else would someone call me at work? I know that whoever is calling may have no idea that I am at work, but that's how my mind works. I have even been tempted to answer the phone during sex. Big, no-no, I know. I don't do it, but I hear that stupid ringtone, and I have this urge to stop whatever I am doing and answer the damn thing!!





Addiction at it's best. I hate that I am always available, and that if I don't answer, I get the questions; Where were you? Why didn't you answer? Did you see that I called?





Of course I saw that you called. I might as well have my phone permanently grafted to my hand. I feel like it's a part of me, and I feel naked without it. I am ashamed of this. Ashamed to admit that a little electronic device, no different that anything else, has become so much a part of my life that the thought of life without it seems wrong. I am ashamed to admit that I have been one of those annoying people, walking down the street, talking too loudly on my phone. I do, however, always remember to turn the ringer to vibrate while at the movies. I never turn it off. What if someone calls? It might be important!





I love and hate the fact that no matter where I am, or what I am doing, I am always a phone call away. It has it's good sides and bad sides. I can call and talk to my daughter on my lunch break, I can call 911 from anywhere in case of an emergency, and I can call my mom or sister when I hear, or see something that reminds me of them, or that I know they would like to hear about. I hate the fact that people call me while I am working, or eating, or watching a movie. I hate those stupid spam chain letter texts that have started floating around, and I hate annoying people who can't walk and text at the same time. I can't walk and text, so I get out of the way, and stop moving. I love being able to have GPS at my fingertips. I hate that I spend so much time playing with my phone.





I hate that laws have had to be enacted to protect people from stupid behavior, like texting while driving, or talking on a cell phone while crossing a street. I love blue-tooth!! I love camera phones and picture messages, and I love being just a call or text away from people who are so far away from me, otherwise. I do hate my cell phone, but I don't know what I would do without it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top